Friday, January 8, 2010

Draping Part III

I finally finished my very first draping project. It came out pretty good actually! I tried it on this evening, but no one was around to take a picture of me in it and I'm not so great with the self-timer. I do have a few pictures of the finished shirt on my dress form though!

As I mentioned in the last post, all I had left to finish was putting the hem in this top and trying it on for fit. I played with the neckline a little and came to the conclusion that this top can be worn completely off both shoulders, resting slightly on one shoulder, or pulled all the way up to the neck on one side. Depending on how much skin you want to show it looks great all three ways!

I do believe I will be adding this design to my Summer 2010 line. I'll have to do some fabric shopping to find the perfect colors/prints!





No comments: