Saturday, December 6, 2008

Custom Order Cardigan

I have a customer in Chicago who contacted me with a request for an asymmetrical cardigan. She wanted two, one in white and one in black. She sent me a picture of one she had in mind, which was wonderful, (it's so much easier to get an idea of what a customer wants by looking at a photo rather than just guessing and interpreting written instructions). So, I set to work on drafting a pattern. This cardigan has a lovely scarf piece that cascades down the front to its longest point, and then gradually rises up the back to fall right above the waistline. The drape of cotton jersey fabric was perfect for this piece. Sleeves are 3/4 length and fitted. Rolled edge hems were made for a casual look. I love the way this came out and as soon as I have some time to stitch up an addition to my own personal wardrobe, this will be the first piece I create! Take a look at the picture I drew inspiration from as well as the picture of my final product. This item will be available soon at eleventeenapparel.com and eleventeenapparel.etsy.com.

Price of this cardigan is $45.00. Contact me now to place your order!


No comments: