Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spring Attire and New News

Costume season has officially come to a close. I took on a large job this year of designing and constructing two sets of costumes (a total of 30 costumes), plus making an accessory skirt for an additional 17. It was a long season, but a very creative and exciting one! I love being able to create stage pieces. This kind of work allows me to think outside the box and create pieces with flair. Color and movement of fabric is more of a focus than actual wearability. Matching costume design to music selection is crucial. Projecting the emotion of the dance routine from the stage to the very back of the audience is the ultimate goal. I'm so thankful that I could be a part of another season with Stage Presence for Dancers! Recital is going to be held the last weekend in April. I will be sure to post some pictures from the show!

Spring clothing production has started. Blossom Studio in Brooklin will be seeing an increase in business in the coming months as the summer residents flock to the coastal region. I will be sending black and white pinstripe pants with a coordinating cowl neck top to the boutique along with some new colors/patterns in the twisted dress and tee. The twisted dress was a big seller again last year, so I do plan on keeping those well stocked!

New dance and yoga apparel designs are on the horizon. I have drafted a fold over waist yoga pants pattern that just needs to be sized. New colors for fold over dance shorts are available to order on FB or directly through angela@eleventeenapparel.com. I am also working on a high waisted dance short and some simple tanks to go with the bottoms!

Finally, my Etsy shop is getting an overhaul. I will be using Etsy to sell overstock, one-of-a-kind items, and last season's merchandise at a reduced price. Check there often as I will be adding and updating stock frequently!

No comments: