Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mid-Summer Style

Coming into July I wasn't sure I wanted to make cardigans, but this is such a great piece for cool evenings and/or trips to the coast, that I couldn't resist. This new cardigan, like my past cardigans, has an asymmetrical hemline. It rises to waist-length in the back, and cascades to it's longest point in the front. The new style has a larger sleeve that isn't as fitted as the previous year's version. There is additional room in the underarm area giving it a slight bat-wing appearance. Cardigan has the same "attached scarf" that you all love! This year's cardigan is made from a rayon/spandex blend giving it plenty of stretch and is super soft to the touch. The finishing is also different this year. Instead of going with a regular rolled hem, I played around with my serger settings to create a beaded look. Taking it one more step, I am including a 2" wide stretch D-ring belt. This is a great accessory that can be worn with the cardigan or with other items in your wardrobe.

Cardigan is available in S/M, M/L, and XL. I currently have cream and eggplant for colors. Please contact me if you are looking for another color and I'm sure I can get it for you!

No comments: