Friday, June 22, 2012

A Coastal Jewel

Maine has a lot to offer. There are so many quaint little coastal towns with locally owned restaurants, boutiques, and galleries. Last week I had the opportunity to indulge my senses in the tiny town of Brooklin. Just outside of Blue Hill, Brooklin boasts peaceful harbor views that are sure to relax your mind. Former home of E.B. White's son, Joel, Brooklin is the home to many artisits, writers, boatbuilders, and potters.


I was in Brooklin to deliver my first shipment of clothing to a lovely fine jewelry and clothing gallery, Blossom Studio. Blossom Studio, owned by Sihaya Hopkins, carrys beautiful handmade items including her own line of glass beads and glass beaded jewelry. My mother and I each purchased a pair of her sterling silver hoops with interchangable glass beads. Simply beautiful!


Sihaya has been in business for ten years in Brooklin. This year she has expanded her gallery to include handmade clothing. There are currently ten Maine designers featuring their garments in her shop. While most of the clothing is for women, she does carry a popular line of handmade mens ties that are very stylish.


I look forward to visiting Blossom Studio again over the summer. The ride to Brooklin was gorgeous, and the area is peaceful and inviting. I encourage you to visit the area and shop at Blossom Studio. You'll be glad you did!







No comments: