Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Crazy Life!

I realize I haven't written a blog post in a while. Life has been super busy these last few weeks and it doesn't look like it will be slowing down anytime soon!

After a year on the market, we have finally sold our house. My husband and I purchased this house as a starter home nine years ago. We were without children then, and after having two children and watching them grow from babies into little girls, the walls started to close in on us and we were needing more space. Of course, one room has been solely dedicated to my sewing area too!

We found our dream home about 35 minutes away from our current home. We will close on that house the second week of April. Needless to say, things will be quite crazy until then!

I have put my Etsy account on hold and will not be updating my "tip of the week" section of eleventeenapparel.com until after the move. Any orders placed between now and March 30th may have up to a 3-week turnaround time. Any custom orders or items needed for a specific date will have to be approved via e-mail or phone to ensure that I will have the needed time to complete the order and get it shipped in a timely manner.

At the moment I am working on finishing up an order of dance costumes, which should be completed by March 1st. After that I will be making three wedding handbags and a garter which I would like to have completed by the first of April.

It will be a stressful and busy couple of months, but in the end it will be worth it! I will have a larger sewing room with plenty of wall space and a giant closet. It also has hardwood flooring which will be so much easier to clean than the high pile carpet that is in my current sewing room!

I may or may not have the opportunity to post many updates between now and the move, but I do invite you to check out and "like" my facebook page for Eleventeen Apparel where I will be giving daily updates on projects, posting pictures, and progress on our move.

No comments: