Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Seems like it has been FOREVER since I've updated over here! Now that the holidays are behind us, I am able to get back on track to bring you the latest news and events happening with Eleventeen Apparel.

This week I have started working on dance costumes for Stage Presence for Dancers. I had the privilege of working for Miss Heather last year and am thrilled that she asked me to work with her again for her spring 2012 production! The theme for this year is Asian inspired. Her Pointe class will be wearing pink satin kimonos edged in black. These are a one-piece design with an attached wide black belt. The picture below shows the stage that I am at currently.



Also in the works, is an avant-garde style of evening gown. I have been itching to do something a little "out there" just for the fun of it. My father-in-law, at Chris Bolduc Photography, has been shooting fashion models lately. I would love for him to do a shoot with a really outlandish piece. He is an excellent photographer and I know we could come up with some really cool photos! I'll keep you posted on that in the coming months. So far it is a shell of a strapless dress...eggplant in color.

Lastly, I'd like to let everyone know that I still have a few openings for January/February sewing classes. Course descriptions can be found at eleventeenapparel.com. New for this year, (and not yet listed on the website), is a basic serging course. This class is open to anyone who can sew with a conventional machine and would like to learn the basics of serging. If you would like a description of this course before I get it posted online, please contact me at angela@eleventeenapparel.com. Space is limited, so if you are interested in taking a class in January or February please contact me as soon as possible for availability!

No comments: