Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wedding Season

Last year at this time I was busy creating a strapless, pick-up style wedding gown in black, along with two red bridesmaid gowns. They looked beautiful together!

This year, my sister is getting married and I am taking on the flower girl dresses. Yes, I said dress-es. She has three flower girls...my two daughters and her step-daughter to be. I am going with a simple style for these dresses. They will be sleeveless bodices with below the knee, gathered, skirts. The skirts have a layer of netting between the outer and the lining to create princess-like fullness. The girls are so excited about the full skirts! Each dress will be done in cream colored satin with a sage colored chiffon belt which will be tied in the back. The belts are adored with sparkle and rhinestones. I am at the end stages of the first dress. I will be hemming it today and finishing up the belt. I will have my oldest daughter put it on and do some modelling for me once it is completed!

Along with the flower girl dresses, I made my sister's veil. It was done with yards of very soft tulle that was all hand gathered. Monofilament was used to attach tiny silver beads and pearls all the way around the edges. This will look beautiful when the light hits it!

After the wedding, I will be taking a vacation for a week with my husband. We are going to Italy! Upon return I will be starting a spring/summer collection (inspired by Italy of course!). I also want to take on some crazy projects to really give myself a challenge and bring out the creative side!

No comments: