Monday, May 17, 2010

Mockup fitting

Over the weekend I had my first fitting with Sarah. The dress fit very well with only a few alterations to be made in the bust area. Sarah, her mother, and grandmother all loved the dress on her. She still needs to purchase her petticoat to fill out the skirt.

I will be shopping for my fabrics and notions this week. If I am able to get my bridal fabrics locally then I can get started on the dress this weekend! The color of the finished dress will be a bit untraditional. Instead of white, the dress will be black and will have a wide red satin sash that ties in the front. It will look stunning! Bridesmaid and maid of honor will be wearing red with black accents.

Here is a picture of Sarah in her wedding dress mockup. (Ignore my workspace please!)   :-)

No comments: