Saturday, February 20, 2010

T-Shirt Madness

As a seamstress I have a TON of fabric. Some of my fabric stash is in small pieces, under a yard. These pieces are great for children's clothing, but not large enough to really do anything for an adult. Yesterday afternoon I pulled out some of these small lengths trying to decide what to do with them. I have a lot of jersey fabric and finally decided to do some color block T-shirts with it.

I drafted out a pattern for a 3/4 slightly bell sleeved T-shirt. This shirt features an extra wide neckline which can sit on both shoulders or slightly off one. Longer length, sits at hip. One side of the shirt is sage green and the other is a muted tangerine. The back is identical to the front. All seams are serged. I chose to leave the edges raw to keep with the easy-comfort look.

I have listed the one below on Etsy and will have a few others up in the coming week. These Ts are one of a kind (as I only had enough fabric to do one in each color combo). Sizes will vary depending on the amount of fabric I have in each color. This particular color combo was made in an XS. Larger sizes will be available in other color combos.

I tried one of these shirts on and really loved the fit and comfort of it. Needless to say, at least one of these has found its way into my closet!





This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find that my koi fish top has been featured in a "Tropical" blog on handmade spark. Check out the link below to read the blog post and see all of the featured items related to a Tropical Holiday!

No comments: