Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh Baby!

One of my dearest friends just had her first child, Gabrielle, a few months ago. Over the course of her pregnancy, she and her husband chose not to find out the sex of the baby. I wanted to do something special for her once the baby was born and the gender was known. My intentions were to make a really nice day-trip diaper bag for her for her, fill it with all kinds of goodies, and send it out for Christmas. Well, things got super crazy over the holidays and my project was never finished. Here it is February, and I'm finally finishing this up. I feel bad because I really wanted to get this out for Christmas!

I chose a discontinued Amy Butler 'Charm' print. It is a nice sage green paisely with hints of pink throughout. The lining is solid pink. The interior has a single large pocket. I used pink belt webbing for the straps as it is really durable. I've also made a coordinating waterproof changing pad.

I'm hoping to get pictures of the finished bag up this evening. In the meantime, here is a picture of the fabric I've used on the exterior of the bag. I'm so excited to get it finished and finally get this sent out to her!

No comments: