Saturday, February 6, 2010

Doo Dads and Thing-ama-bobs

I'm always looking for ways to save time, be more efficient, and generally become better and what I do. I was "window shopping" on Clotilde.com today (an online source of sewing and quilting notions), when I came across some neat things. I'd like to hear from anyone who owns any of these fancy little tools! Do they work? Do you use them on a daily basis, or are they simply taking up space in your sewing basket?

This is great, especially if you have little ones around, like I do, who may be inclined to pick things up from the sewing room floor. It is a telescoping pin magnet. It extends to 24" making it easy to pick up pins that may have fallen on the floor, rolled under the baseboard heat, etc. It can hold up to 5 pounds. (not sure if I own anywhere near 5 lbs. of pins...but good to know).

Then there's the bendable 120 volt bright light. I could see myself using this, except for the fact that you need to actually mount it onto your machine. I wish there was another way to attach it. I would say magnet, but you know they don't make sewing machines like they used to. The majority of them are plastic now!

Finally, I found this Make-A-Zipper spool. Great concept if you need an odd-length fixed zipper...but, how often does that happen? Enough to buy this? Would it be easier to go to your local fabric shop, purchase a zipper, and shorten it yourself?

Those are my notion finds for today. I can't wait to get some feedback on you sewers out there who may own one or more of these items. Let me know if they are a must-have!

All items can be found at http://www.clotilde.com/

2 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I have a Bendable Bright Light and I've sold several of them as well in my on-line shop. It does mount to the side with a removable adhisive. Little tabs also mount around the back to hold the electric cord. I offer everone a money back happiness guarantee...I've never had one returned because they did not like it. Honest! Ask around....I don't ever suggest things I don't believe in.

Smiles,
Kelly
www.IHaveANotion.blogspot.com
www.IHaveA-Notion.com

~Angela~ Eleventeen Apparel said...

Thanks for the info Kelly! I'm very interested in getting one. I'll check out your site!
~Angela