Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, here it is...the end of 2009. Time to make those New Year's resolutions. You know, the ones that everyone forgets by the time February rolls in. Many people make resolutions about weight loss; time to drop those extra holiday pounds. Smoking is another commonly heard, yet far too often failed resolution. I believe my mother-in-law is going to try to quit smoking (again) this New Year. A lot of people talk about breaking bad habits as a resolution. Stop biting those nails, lessen the curse words, etc.

What about a resolution to do more of something? Have a positive effect on something or someone? That is the type of resolution I am making this year. God gave me a skill...sewing. In 2010 I resolve to take that God-given skill and use it to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate. I'm not sure what organization I'm going to contribute to, or exactly what I'm going to make. I'm looking into a few different organizations at the moment. I want to be a part of making a difference in someone's life. The ability to sew wasn't given for me alone to benefit from. It was given from God as a gift to share with others and that is truly what I wish to do in the coming year.

What is your New Year's resolution? Is it something that you'll still be focused on a few months from now? Will it impact the lives of others?

Best wishes to you on this New Year's eve 2009.
May 2010 bring you fulfillment and happiness in all your endeavors!!

No comments: