Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just for Moms

So, a few months ago I started talking about incoroporating a just for moms line under my clothing label. I was originally going to include fitted slings, minkee cloth diapers, and nursing capes. I have since decided to add nursing pads! (Those are currently in trials with a few friends of mine. A few changes need to be made to the final product, but I anticipate them to be ready to sell in about a month or so).

I'll focus on each of these products over the next week to give you a better idea of how each product is designed and type of fabrics used.
Baby wearing may seem like the latest trend, but it has actually be going on for many many years. Mothers and babies love being close to each other and truly benefit from the bond created during these moments. I have created a fitted sling just for this purpose. There are many sling designs on the market today. I chose to create a fitted sling because it is made to your body measurements. The tube-like shape and one-shoulder design make this sling simple to put on, easy to wear, and easily adjustable for baby's view of the world.

My fitted slings are made of high quality 100% cotton material in the print or color of your choice. I do my best to find prints/colors requested. Sample fabric patterns and colors are e-mailed to provide a selection of available fabrics in your color requested color palatte.

Construction of fitted slings is done with a serger and conventional sewing machine to ensure durability and long life. Fabric is doubled to provide extra strength and support of baby's weight.

Sling is made to support infants to toddlers up to 30 pounds.

Care instuctions are to machine wash and dry on regular cycle with detergent of your choice.
Here's my friend Jess modeling her fitted sling.



No comments: