Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April Vacation!

I sat down last night to update some of my online things and realized it has been a LONG time since I've updated my blog! A lot has happened in the past three weeks. I was part of a Ladies Night expo at Winslow Elementary School, I started a mock-up wedding gown for my friend Sarah, and I have been filling special orders! It certainly has been busy here! Hopefully this will be my "back on track" post. My goal is to post at least once a week letting you know about current projects I am working on, upcoming events, sales, and even some things going on in my personal life.

Ladies night was held at Winslow Elementary on April 10th. It was the first show of any kind I had participated in. I haven't felt comfortable doing a traditional "craft fair" because, well, to be honest, since I don't use a glue gun, I don't make jewelry, and I don't cut animal shapes out of wood I've never really felt that a craft fair was the right fit for what I do. Anyway, I decided to try this particular expo because it was going to feature businesses that were geared towards women. They were advertising businesses like Pampered Chef and Creative Memories, so I knew it wasn't going to be a regular craft show. It turned out to be a good experience for me. I made a lot of contacts, had a few sales, and was invited to come back next year. I am glad I finally stepped out of my comfort zone of online sales and word-of-mouth local sales, and tried something different. I will definately be keeping an eye out for more opportunities like this one.

Ahhh, the wedding dress. Sarah was here a few weeks ago so I could take her measurements. Since then I have cut all of my pattern pieces and started laying them out on muslin. I want to do a mock-up just to make sure the fit is right before using bridal fabric. This is the style of dress that she has requested. I think it is beautiful and I am excited to finish the mock-up to see how it looks on her! The wedding is in October, so I have plenty of time to make and alter a mock-up before sewing the finished dress.


1 comment:

mickstonedesigns said...

I've tried a couple of "backon track" posts. Good luck with the wedding dress. I look forward to seeing the progress.