Monday, February 1, 2010

That's a (Faux) Wrap!

A lot of times I like to take random pieces of fabric, throw them together and see what I get. That's exactly how I came up with this faux wrap dress.

I had a rather large piece of silkies fabric in pink and black left over from a nightie I made a while back. It was kind of an odd shape, but worked perfectly for an asymmetrical skirt. I always have plenty of jersey on hand, so I made up a quick tube top with elastic sewn into the top and attached it to the skirt. The skirt has some added bulk on the left side that cascades down the side giving the illusion of a wrap skirt. I added a simple tie belt in the same fabric. When knotted on the side it makes a perfect looking faux wrap dress! This is a simple pull over style. 

This dress would be very cute for dinner on the beach, a night on the town, or just as a lazy summer day dress. The ease of just "throwing it on", and the dressy look to the silky fabric will have people thinking you spent all day getting ready! Heads will be turning in this little number.

Here are my amateur pics. If you've been following my blog you know that I have yet to coordinate a photoshoot with my photographer. Hoping for this weekend! This dress will be added to my Etsy shop and to eleventeenapparel.com as soon as I get some nice photos taken. If you have any questions about this dress or other pieces by eleventeenapparel, please feel free to contact me. This is a one of a kind dress. If you are interested before it goes in the shop, let me know!

No comments: